Dunalastair Hotel Suites
Kinloch Rannoch is in the centre of the Scottish Highlands, North West of Aberfeldy and West of Pitlochry and well positioned for a breathtaking holiday with abundant on offer for those pursuing adventure, spectacular scenery or simply to relax and unwind. Glasgow, Dundee and Edinburgh are just a two hours drive away.
Kinloch Rannoch village has something for everyone to enjoy, whatever your interest rom challenging walks, cycle rides, climbing munros or finishing on one of the many lochs or rivers, stalking or encountering an abundance of wildlife, flora and fauna, there is something for everyone to enjoy almost everywhere you go. . Have a picnic by the Lochs and immerse yourself in the beauty of the area.
From challenging walks, cycle rides, climbing munros or fishing on one of the many lochs or rivers, stalking or encountering an abundance of wildlife, flora and fauna, there is something for everyone to enjoy almost everywhere you go.
Glasgow Airport: has flights to and from London, Manchester, Bristol, Cardiff and other UK destinations, as well as air links through Europe, Asia and North America and sits 117 miles from Kinloch Rannoch.
Edinburgh Airport: has domestic UK flights to London, Manchester, Bristol, Exeter, Cardiff and other cities, as well as air links throughout Europe including hubs at Amsterdam and Frankfurt. There are also air links with Mediterranean and US destinations, 93 miles from Kinloch Rannoch.
Inverness Airport: a small airport 86 miles from Kinloch Rannoch.
Aberdeen Airport: 125 miles from Kinloch Rannoch, having connections throughout the UK, Mediterranean destinations, Western Europe and Scandinavia.
If you plan to join us by train, Rannoch Station is the closest to Dunalatsair Hotel. A very comfortable way to travel to us would be on the sleeper service, operated by the Caledonian Sleeper, running from London Euston to Fort William.
The scenic ride would be on the world famous West Highland Line, passing through Arrochar & Tarbet, Crianlarich and Tyndrum. Trains depart from Glasgow Queen Street about 3 or 4 times a day towards Fort William and Mallaig.
Rannoch station is two stops after Tyndrum Upper – when taking the train from Glasgow, sit in the carriages heading towards Fort William and Mallaig, as at Crianlarich the train divides, with two carriages heading towards Oban. For train times and to buy tickets online, visit Glasgow Queen Street online.
Once arriving in Rannoch Station, it is approximately a 35-minutes drive to Dunalastair Hotel Suites. As there is no bus service of alternate public transport, we can offer a stress-free shuttle service to get you from Rannoch Station to us. At a nominal fee, arrangements should be made by contacting us in advance to make a booking.
From Pitlochry head towards the Westend Car Park. Take Bus No.82 towards B846, 19 Stops, 1 hour and get off at The Village Kinloch Rannoch.
From Glasgow (108 miles)
- Head east on the M8 towards Edinburgh
- Bear off onto the M80 following signs for Stirling and the Kincardine Bridge
- In approximately 18 miles, continue following signs for the M80 Stirling
- After about 6 miles, continue onto the M9 northbound
- Follow the M9 all the way to Perth
- Then follow signs for Inverness on the A9 northbound
- Turn off the A9 after Pitlochry and follow signs for Kinloch Rannoch. In light traffic, your journey should take around 2 hours 35 minutes.
From Edinburgh (95 miles)
- Take the A90, cross the Forth Road Bridge heading northbound then the carriageway will become the M90
- Take the M90 in the direction of Perth, once in Perth, follow signs for the A9 northbound, following signs for Inverness.
- Follow the A9 past Dunkeld and Pitlochry, then take the B847 following signs for Tummel Bridge and Kinloch Rannoch.
- After approximately 10 miles you turn onto the B846, keep following signs for Kinloch Rannoch, then follow the road until you get to the village itself.
From Aberdeen (119 miles)
- Head south on A90 in the direction of Dundee and Perth, passing Stonehaven and Laurencekirk.
- At the Kirriemuir junction, near Forfar, turn onto the A926 following signs for Blairgowrie.
- Pass through Blairgowrie and continue following signs for the A9 Perth and Dunkeld.
- When reaching A9, join the carriageway northbound heading for Inverness.
- Turn off for Kinloch Rannoch a little north of Pitlochry.
From Inverness (82 miles)
- Follow the A9 southbound out of Inverness.
- Follow the road past Aviemore, Kingussie, Newtonmore and Dalwhinnie.
- At approximately 62 miles, you will cross the Drumochter Summit and around 7 miles later you turn off of the A9 following signs for Trinafour.
- Take care navigating through these minor roads, if followed in a rough southern and westerly direction should lead to Kinloch Rannoch.
From Fort William (70 miles)
- Take the A82 northbound out of Fort William
- At Spean Bridge turn right onto the A86 following signs for Dalwhinnie and Perth A9.
- Continue for approximately 30 miles then turn right onto the A889 near Dalwhinnie.
- Follow signs for the village and later arrive at the A9 join southbound, following signs for Perth.
- At around mile 50 cross the Drumochter Summit, and around 7 miles later you turn off of the A9 following signs for Trinafour.