Have you got some questions? Here are our most frequently asked questions, and answers. If your query remains unanswered, just drop us an e-mail and we’ll get back to you!
Check-In / Check-Out
What time am I able to check-in?
You can check-in between 15:00 – 20:00.
What time should I check-out by?
You should check-out any time before 11:00.
My flight arrives late in the evening; will it be possible to check-in late?
Check-in after 20:00 has to be coordinated with the hotel and charges may apply. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
My flight arrives early in the morning, will it be possible to check-in early?
Please be advised that our standard check-in times are between 15:00 – 20:00. To guarantee an early check-in, it is necessary to book the previous night, which is only possible if the suite you booked is available from the night before. As an alternate option, should availability permit, you can book an alternative suite then move the following day to the suite you booked (check-out & check-in times must be adhered to). Alternatively, you are welcome to leave your luggage free of charge in our luggage store prior to your check-in.
My flight leaves late in the day – will it be possible to check-out late?
Should you wish to retain your room after 11:00, please arrange with reception at the hotel. All our rooms are subject to availability with charges from £35 after 11:00.
Is wireless internet available at your hotel?
Wireless internet is available free of charge throughout the hotel
Is breakfast included in the price of my room?
Please refer to your booking; if you purchased a package or booked in advance it may have been included. In our standard rates, if not stated as included, Breakfast is not included and costs £12.00 per person per day.
Is room service available at your hotel?
Room service is available for breakfast and evening meals. Please see Room Service Menu.
Is a laundry service available at your hotel?
Laundry and dry-cleaning requests can be arranged with the Housekeeping Department.
Are safety deposit boxes available at your hotel?
Yes some suites provides a lap-top sized safe.
What amenities will I find in my room?
- Fully equipped mini kitchen
- Complimentary hospitality tray & mineral water
- LED TV with hotel entertainment technology and e-concierge directory
- In-room laptop safe in some suites
- Egyptian cotton linen and fresh towels
- Iron & ironing board upon request
- Luggage rack
- Direct dial phone
- Ensuite walk-in shower or bathtub combined with shower
- Scottish aromatherapy toiletries
- Luxurious bathrobe and slippers
- Shaving mirror
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Room service
- Daily cleaning
- Reception & concierge services
What is your cancellation policy?
As a small hotel, we believe that it is only fair to others that we make a charge if you cancel at the last minute and don’t let us know in advance. It helps keep the prices down, too, for everyone! Therefore, should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed booking, please note the following terms and conditions:
- Best Available Rate: Credit details are required at the time of booking to guarantee the reservation. Cancellation requires 2 days’ notice by 11:00 on the day prior to arrival. Should you need to cancel or amend your booking please contact the hotel by 11:00am, two days prior to arrival. Should you cancel outside this policy, the total cost of your reservation would be applicable. Reservations made later than 11am the day prior to arrival may not be modified or cancelled and the entire stay would still be charged.
|Cancellation request received by 11:00am, two days prior to arrival|
|1 to 3 nights||1 night chargeable|
|3 + nights||2 nights chargeable|
- Early Booking Rate: Full pre-payment is required at the time of booking and your credit/ debit card will be charged in order to confirm the booking. This booking is non-cancellable, non- refundable or amendable.
- Long Stay Rate: 7 days or more, 50% of the total cost of your stay will be taken as a deposit at the time of confirmation which is non-refundable and non-transferable. Our cancellation policy requires 7 days’ notice by 11:00 on the day prior to arrival. The deposit cannot be used as a reduction towards the entire stay if the number of nights have been reduced. If your stay is reduced to 6 or less nights then the discounted rate booked will revert to our standard Best Available Rates. The 50% non-refundable deposit applies to each night booked.
- If you fail to cancel and do not show up, you will be charged for the total amount of your reserved booking.
- Any request to cancel a reservation cannot be considered complete until you receive our cancellation confirmation or cancellation reference number. Until you do so, your booking will still be considered valid and cancellation penalties may be incurred. If you do not receive a confirmation of your cancellation or cancellation reference number within 24-hours of your initial request, please ensure you contact us without delay.
- Changes or cancellations, where admissible, may be made by email or by phone.
- If you make the booking via a third party site (i.e. a booking agency or affiliate site), you must cancel through them.
- Credit or debit cards which are unable to be pre-authorised will result in the reservation being null and void.
- If a booking is not cancelled and the guest(s) does not arrive this is deemed as a No Show. The total cost for the accommodation would still be applicable.
- If you wish to check-out before your reserved departure date, the full amount is still applicable and no refund would be applicable.
How can I amend a reservation?
Amendments depend on the booking and package you may have selected. Please refer to your booking confirmation.
Will there be a luggage room at the hotel?
A luggage room is available at our hotel
How much does the luggage room cost to use?
It can be used by guests free of charge on the day they check-in. It costs guests £0.50 per suitcase to use on the day they check-out. Overnight storage during your stay costs £0.65 per suitcase per day.
We do not provide any airport transfers.
If you’re planning on travelling by train to Dunalastair Hotel Suites, your end destination would be Rannoch Station. Our shuttle service is the easiest way to get Dunalastair Hotel Suites and is approximately a 35 minute drive.
Our comfortable shuttle service at £20 each way provide an excellent door to door transportation service. Book your trip with Dunalastair Hotel Suites directly at least 2 days prior to arriving.
Free car parking is available in the square outside the Hotel, however we have a limited number of spaces, so parking will be subject to availability.
All of our suites operate a 100% no-smoking policy throughout. Smoking in a bedroom or anywhere else inside the premises will result in a £250 fine.
A booking of five rooms or more is considered a group booking within Dunalastair Hotel Suites. If a group of individuals have booked separately for e.g. weddings, parties, then Dunalastair Hotel Suites reserves the right to enforce Group terms and conditions to those bookings regardless of the booking channel used to book.
All group bookings can be booked with a non-refundable 50% deposit, payable upon making the booking. For each group booking, Dunalastair Hotel Suites will require a contract to be entered into that sets out the terms of the options and booking conditions. The remaining 50% would be charged 14 days prior to arrival.
Bookings will be reserved with a valid credit or debit card. The credit or debit card used at time of booking must be presented at check-in to validate the booking.
If payment is being made by a third party we must have a valid third party authorization form completed and presented prior to booking confirmation.
Credit or debit cards which are unable to be charged will result in the reservation being null and void.
Cancellations or amendments are not permissible.
If a booking is not cancelled and the guest(s) does not arrive this is deemed as a No Show. The total cost for the accommodation would still be applicable.
Provided at no extra cost
What is the maximum number of guests allowed in Suite?
Our suites can accommodate the following numbers of guests:
- Superior Room: 2 adults
- Deluxe Suite: 2 adults
- Grand Deluxe Suite: 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 12-years-old. Children under 5-years-old stay free (double bed and sofa-bed)
- Luxury suite: 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 12-years-old. Children under 5-years-old stay free (double bed and sofa-bed)
- Family Suite: 5 adults or 4 adults and 2 children under the age of 12-years-old. Children under 5-years-old stay free (2x double bed and sofa-bed)
Dunalastair Hotel Suites provides a choice of currencies for the convenience of our guests paying with non-UK cards.
As with any Bank or Currency Exchange service there is a charge, the rate shown includes a 2.5% charge. The amount shown is the final amount you will pay.
If you subsequently find that you would have paid less on the same day with your own card issuer, Dunalastair Hotel Suites would not be held responsible for any differences and no reimbursement would be made to you.