With so many wedding venue choices, it can be hard to find the perfect location that fits the bill. There are hotels, manor houses and even community halls to choose from. But there’s one thing that all couples aim for which is a venue that’ll make their special day that little bit special!
We’ve put together a list of the 10 things to think about when searching for the perfect highland wedding venue, read on to find out more!
- Where do you even start when it comes to deciding how to pick a wedding venue?
- Can I afford this wedding venue?
- Tips for Researching and Finding Your Dream Wedding Venue
- Choose Your Wedding location
- Come up with an estimated guest count
- Start your wedding venue search online
- Choose a Venue That Aligns with Your Vision
- Hire or consult with a wedding planner
- Be Sure to Visit a Few Potential Venues
- When Should You Sign on the Dotted Line
1. Where do you even start when it comes to deciding how to pick a wedding venue?
Have you set your heart on a traditional church wedding? Or maybe you’d prefer something more unique.
If you’ve both set your hearts on tying the knot in a church, it means searching for a suitable venue in your area.
However, if you’re both hoping for something different, there’s a great selection of wedding venues to choose from!
Once you’ve decided, the next step is to consider the size of a venue, cost, location and whether it boasts all the amenities you’d both like to have on your special day.
2. Can I afford this wedding venue?
Naturally, the cost of the wedding venue plays a crucial role when it comes to selecting the right one. It’s often the most expensive aspect.
The thing to consider about a venue’s cost is how much you’re willing to spend on the whole event. Then decide on how much you’d like to spend on the venue itself taking into account there’ll be catering, flowers, decorations and other wedding expenses that need factoring in!
3. Tips for Researching and Finding Your Dream Wedding Venue
You should try to narrow your search as soon as you can. It’d make it a lot easier if you don’t have to choose from too many wedding venues sooner rather than later.
Take into account the number of guests you’re likely to have, then visit a few venues in person to get the feel of a place. It’s the best way to decide on the perfect wedding venue.
4. Choose Your Wedding location
Once you have chosen the type of wedding you’d like, it’s time to choose the perfect location!
We’ve listed a few tips for doing this below:
- Would you and your loved one prefer a formal wedding location or something a little more relaxed?
- What about guests? Are there going to be many out-of-town guests attending the wedding?
- Choose a wedding location that suits your budget
- What time of the year are you planning to hold the wedding?
- Would you prefer it takes place indoors or outdoors?
You should read online reviews. Ask family and friends for recommendations. Then visit potential wedding venues in person.
5. Come up with an estimated guest count
Next, work out how many guests are going to attend your wedding. Even if it’s an estimate of all the people you’re likely to invite.
After this, check your budget and work out how many guests you can realistically afford to invite to the wedding. Most importantly, will the venue be big enough to accommodate them!
6. Start your wedding venue search online
Researching the right Highland wedding venue online is the best way to start your search. There are a ton of websites offering different options. You and your fiancée get to compare all your options so the wedding venue meets all your needs and desires!
7. Choose a Venue That Aligns With Your Vision
Everyone has an idea of their perfect wedding day so it’s important to choose a venue with that in mind. You want to make sure the venue meets all your expectations!
Can the venue accommodate all your guests? Does it provide all the amenities you’d like to have available to make the day extra special? Is there a banquet hall or conference centre?
Not forgetting to ask about the management’s policies and safety procedures. Then there’s the cost and availability to consider.
8. Hire or consult with a wedding planner
Would you like a wedding planner to organise the entire event? Or maybe someone to organise certain parts of your special day?
You may like to hire a full-service wedding planner if you’d like an expert to organise the whole day for you.
If you’d just like a little help, you could hire a wedding coordinator or event manager instead.
9. Be Sure To Visit to a Few Potential Venues
You should always try to visit the wedding venues you shortlisted to make sure they’re the perfect fit! You may like to write a list of questions to ask about the venue. Things like are there any caterers, cocktail hour or anything else you’d like to include?
You get to meet the staff, managers and owners! It allows you to soak up the venue’s atmosphere!
10. When Should You Sign on the Dotted Line
Once you’ve carried out all your research and found the perfect wedding venue, the next step is to sign on the dotted line. However, you should make sure you’ve ticked off all your bucket list questions before you do.
Wedding Venue Advice
We hope our advice helps you decide on the perfect venue to celebrate your dream wedding day.
We would love to hold your special day at Dunalastair Hotel Suites. We are lucky enough to have a church next door if you are looking for a church wedding, if not then our courtyard provides the perfect backdrop to exchange your vows.
Did you know we are an award winning five-star hotel- check out the awards here.
Our award-winning five-star hotel is the perfect venue set in a stunning Highland location. Plus, our wedding coordinator can help you plan and organise the event with you. Call us on +44 (0)1882 580444 or contact us online today!